top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What does being 'Registered' mean?

Massage therapists are required to complete a 2200-hr Diploma program. Upon graduation, in Saskatchewan, there is an option of 3 different associations to join; the Natural Health Practitioners of Canada, Massage Therapy Association of Saskatchewan and the Canadian Massage & Manual Osteopathic Therapists Association.  Massage Therapy is not currently regulated in SK, therefore the term 'Registered' is provided by each association for the publics protection, for insurance purposes and to ensure you are getting the expertise you require.

Does massage hurt?

No.  There is always another way.  Many people believe in the phrase 'no pain, no gain'.  While this statement may be true for some, it doesn't necessarily need to 'hurt'.  'There is a fine line between pleasure and pain' is another popular quote that holds some truth as well. "Joyful discomfort" is a term I prefer to use.

Do I need a referral?

Many clients enjoy the benefits of having private and/or group health benefits. Check with your provider to see if you require a doctors referral for reimbursement purposes 

Do you accept SGI or WCB claims?

No.  Currently MTAS members are the only RMT's that can offer SGI and WCB claims.  You can find a list of providers at

bottom of page